"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." Red Adair
Why would you even consider spending the least amount of money on one of the most expensive purchases and decisions of your lifetime?
Do you want a thorough fact finding investigation and a truthful, clearly written report about the property you are considering buying?
If you don't get what you want, it's a sign either that you did not seriously want it, or that you tried to bargain over the price...Rudyard Kipling
Please e-mail as much information as possible that apply to the property or call me at
972-487-5634 so we can discuss your specific needs
- Your Name(s) as it appears on your documents, E-mail and Best Contact Number(s)
- Agent or Builder Name and Best Contact Number(s)
- Property Address, City and Zipcode
- Year Built
- Size (Square Footage) Include number of structures present
- Listing Price
- Number of Bedrooms, Bathrooms, Kithcens/Appliances
- Foundation Type: Slab, Pier and Beam, Block, Post, Basement or Describe Other
- Roof Type: Composition, Wood, Clay, Tile, Concrete, Slate, Metal, BUR, PVC, Membrane, EPDM or Describe Other
- All Electric or is Gas Present? If gas is present number of systems
- Garage(s) Number of Cars, Attached, Detached, Above Ground, or Below Ground:
- Number of Utility Connected Systems Inspected:
Heat and Air Conditioners
- Optional Amenities:
Yard Irrigation Sprinkler System
Number and Size of Out Buildings or Other Houses on the Property Describe
Septic: Aerobic or Leach/Drainfield
Fire Suppression Sprinkler
Describe and Number of Others
- Exterior Wall Cladding Type:
Metal or Aluminum
In the event price is your primary concern please consider the following suggestions:
- Ask an attorney, family, and friends for referral recommendations. See if they've used a low-cost home inspector with any satisfactory results.
- Contact your Realtor and ask them for a referral recommendation. I’m sure most Realtors are familiar with local home inspectors and some would be delighted to recommend the lowest priced home inspector they know. These guys help “their deal” go smoothly.
- Consider using a home inspector Apprentice trainee for your inspection. Larger or volume inspection companies can employ apprentices’. Those who are an Apprentice rather than a Professional Licensed Inspector usually offer bargain pricing as a way to generate business and gain experience. As you can see below it doesn’t take much to qualify and check out #5. What does DPS know about any of the items listed? Do they have this information about you? Try your own name or License number http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/
TREC Apprentice Application Requirements
- Citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien
- Resident of Texas at the time application is filed
- Sponsored by a licensed professional inspector
- At least 18 years of age
- Found to be honest, trustworthy, & possessing integrity (Background Investigation through DPS) http://www.trec.state.tx.us/inspector/apprentice_inspector_app.asp
- Check out who ever you hire for a Professional License at: http://www.trec.state.tx.us/newsandpublic/licenseeLookup/search.aspx?licType=RBInspectors&txtSearch=Lic+%23+or+Lastname%2C+Firstname&SearchLicensees.x=38&SearchLicensees.y=13
This will not guarantee you anything except proof of licensure.
- Try the local phone book. Many of the inspection firms that advertise here are large, high volume companies that don't do much referral business and try to be low priced to keep landing new customers.
- Search for an inspector on the Internet. Look at the Sponsored Search or Advertisement sections on the top and sides of the page many inspectors here are competing for business and offer cut-rate pricing the companies in the middle section did not pay to advertise and are listed due to popularity or ranking, so they may not be cheap.
- Hire a part-time inspector. On average their pricing is lower than those that do professional home inspections as a full-time career. There are a lot of firemen, policemen, and even truck drivers in this profession. No disrespect meant to any of them but they are part-timers.
No two houses or properties are exactly the same therefore all Professional Inspections are site specific and individualized prices are based upon:
Age of Property
Foundation Type (Slab or Pier and Beam)
Size (Square Footage)
- Systems Inspected
EIFS or Stucco Wall Cladding
Based on what is Present, Visible, and Accessible I will inspect the following items that may be onsite and included in your thorough inspection, generally more than 1,000 items:
(AFCI) ARC FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTOR TESTING
AIR CONDITIONING, HEATING EQUIPMENT, VENTS, AND DUCTWORK
ALARM SYSTEMS, SMOKE, FIRE, AND CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTION
ATTIC, STAIRS, INSULATION, VENTS, AND ASSOCIATED STRUCTURE SYSTEMS
BATHROOM FIXTURES, EXHAUST VENTS, AND HEATERS
CABINETS, COUNTER TOPS, AND CLOSETS
CRAWLSPACE, PIERS, BEAMS, GIRDERS, VENTS, AND SUBFLOOR STRUCTURES
DOOR BELL OR CHIME
EIFS: EXTERIOR INSULATED FINISH SYSTEMS
ELECTRICAL SERVICE ENTRANCE, PANELS, AND ALL BRANCH CIRCUITS
EXTERIOR WALLS, DOORS, SEALANTS, AND WEATHER STRIPPING
FIREPLACE, HEARTH, DAMPER, FLUE, CAP, AND ARRESTORS
FOOD WASTE DISPOSAL
FOUNDATION (SLAB OR PIER AND BEAM)
GARAGE DOOR(S) AND OPENER(S)
GAS LEAK DETECTION (TIF 8800) not matches or soap bubbles
GAS SUPPLY SYSTEM FROM METER TO APPLIANCES where accessible
(GFCI) GROUND FAULT CIRCUIT INTERRUPTOR TESTING
GRADING, DRAINAGE, GUTTER, AND DOWNSPOUTS
HYDROTHERAPY TUB & EQUIPMENT
INTERIOR WALLS, DOORS, CEILINGS, AND FLOORS
LANDSCAPING EFFECTS ON STRUCTURE
LAWN AND GARDEN SPRINKLER
OVEN, COOKTOP, AND RANGE
OTHER INSTALLED KITCHEN APPLIANCES
OUTDOOR COOKING EQUIPMENT
PLUMBING SUPPLY, DRAINS, WASTE, AND VENTS
PORCHES, DECKS, BALCONIES, STAIRS, AND HANDRAILS
RANGE HOOD AND EXHAUST VENT
ROOF COVERING, FLASHINGS, AND ROOF STRUCTURE
STORAGE BUILDINGS WITH UTILITIES
SWIMMING POOL, HOT TUB, SECURITY, AND ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT
WINDOWS, SCREENS, LINTELS, FLASHING, AND DOOR GLAZING
WHOLE HOUSE VACUUM SYSTEMS
WOOD DESTROYING INSECTS AND MICROBIAL ORGANISMS
Additional items and systems unique to a particular property can also be inspected.
Minimum Single System Professional Inspection fees start at $439.00 plus travel and all expenses. Nights and weekends require additional fees.
Minimum Daily Rate starts at $1,200.00 for half day, up to 4 hours, or $2,400.00 for full day, beyond 4 hours and up to 8 hours, plus travel and all expenses. Nights and weekends require additional fees.
All fees are due prior to or at the time of inspection.
Method of payment is cash, local, certified or cashier check.
Out of town payment accompanied by signed contract, cash or cashier check prior to time of inspection.
Please contact me so we can discuss your specific needs. 972-487-5634